It is very easy to perish, even by constantly reciting the Jesus Prayer.
When I was in the hospital, there was a monk with me who constantly read the Jesus Prayer out loud.
Everyone considered him a saint.
And one day he said to me: "I put one bishop in his place, let him know. And I also said a few kind words to another cleric. If they repent, they can count on my support!"
I say: "Wait! You have three years of education and tuberculosis, what kind of support do you get?!"
And he replied: “If only all people were like me, the world would be saved!”
See!
By constantly reciting the prayer, he imagined himself to have attained holiness. It is very easy to perish, even by constantly reciting the Jesus Prayer.
— Saint Paisius the Athonite
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.